by Jessica Zhang, Staff Writer, December 2020
There are few things that bring more joy during the holiday season than baking homemade cookies. Everyone loves the delicious aroma that fills the air, decorating cookies with frosting and sprinkles to make them even more festive, and eating until you cannot stand the sight of any more sugar. There are so many delicious recipes to choose from, so this is a sign for you to go whip up your favorite cookies and eat six of them while having a holiday movie marathon on Netflix. Here are some amazing cookies made by Nobles’s very own students to inspire your cookie-making adventures. Happy baking!
1. Melanie Alvarez
- 10/10 presentation.
- The festive red bow and green ribbon really tie everything together. Also, can we talk about the adorable little bells on each ribbon?
- These look professionally made. I don’t think I have ever seen smoother icing in my life and the details are so perfect.
- Gordon Ramsay would have nothing bad to say about these cookies.
2. Charlotte Waldert
- My mind cannot comprehend how all those swirls are so perfect.
- I adore the pink and white theme. It’s both festive and cute at the same time!
- When you have cookies this pretty, you don’t even need frosting or sprinkles.
3. Nate Madden
- Tell me these are not the most adorable and creative cookies you have ever seen.
- I love the idea of using pretzels for the reindeers’ antlers! The savory and sweet combination probably tastes amazing.
- The red and green M&Ms are the perfect festive touch. Plus, you can never go wrong with adding chocolate to cookies.
4. Hadley Winslow
- These cookies are almost too pretty to eat.
- The careful sprinkle placement on each tree shows true dedication to the cookie-decorating craft.
- Santa would LOVE to see this waiting for him under the chimney.
5. Lucy Johnson
- These Pillsbury cookies are a classic for a reason: they are absolutely DELICIOUS.
- I love the choice of the snowman pattern, although personally, I would have gone for the Christmas tree ones.
- Please bring me one of these (or all of them).
6. Elena Guerra
- I am convinced that Elena actually owns her own bakery and this is just her way of announcing that to everyone.
- All of these cookies look absolutely perfect and I really appreciate the variety. Why make just one type of cookie when you can make five?
7. Ella Brown
- You can never go wrong with a classic sugar cookie and some festive red and green sprinkles.
- This plate of cookies just makes me want to sit beside a warm fireplace while drinking hot chocolate and playing “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.”